This 1859 map of the city of Richmond was originally prepared for inclusion in the Richmond Directory published the same year. Thought perhaps to be the last map of the city created before the Civil War, it reflects its layout before the vast changes caused by the war.
The description in the upper right corner notes that Richmond was part of Henrico County and that the map was prepared from actual surveys of the city. In addition, many of the buildings listed in the table of references were likely destroyed by the evacuation fire in April of 1865.
This print is a reproduction of the original 1859 map. Print measures 11 x 14 inches and is produced on acid free 100% cotton rag Hahnemühle paper with 100-year archival inks.